Music Beta by Google

Coming from the standpoint of wanting to just upload all of my music to an online service and have it as mostly a backup solution, Music beta seems to do the job pretty well. It uploads quick offering threaded upload speeds for 2 songs at a time so getting my 4.7k+ song collection up there was relatively fast and as they were uploaded they were available instantly.
The player itself is fine and there’s nothing really to complain about there, it shuffles and plays smoothly without hitches. The gripes I have revolve around music management, and the lack of any solid tools or features to do things like merge duplicate tracks or generally clean things up with ease, something I feel a service like this should focus on. Since you’ll mostly be playing the music from this service on various devices like your android phone I think the focus on the webapp should be on helping you really manage your music and getting it in tip top shape as far as tagging and reading your previously rated songs. it does some of this, but like many music managers before it the job is only half done and I have to spend hours to re-tag and favorite songs if I want my collection to be ‘whole’ again. I just can’t believe that in 2011 this is still an issue, and music isn’t just auto tagged and managed. It doesn’t seem that hard since when I look for information to help me categorize my music I just go to Wikipedia, why can’t services just do that for me? There is no genre of music labeled (194) Google… come on, you can deduce that from the artist and album name that this music should have the genre Techno or whatever… save me some hours please.
Music Beta webapp library view
Web App Library View
So for now my music will sit up in the Music beta service and become stale as I occasionally get into the mood to poke around and clean a few songs here and there, waiting for it to become a real service and not just a toy.